Microsoft Dynamics CRM online also called CRM 2016 becomes more and more popular. This is mostly due to Microsoft’s ‘cloud first’ mindset, where all updates and new functions are released in the cloud first and much later to on-premise solutions.
A part of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform
When you move your CRM system to the cloud, it becomes part of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform, which means that you can get more out of your solution. Besides the fact that all updates and new functions are released in the cloud first, it also happens automatically. And thus, there are no longer need for allocating time for manual updates.
There are many advantages by going cloud:
- No internal server maintenance and manual updates with your IT department
- Flexible license model with the opportunity to scale up and down on a monthly basis
- More opportunities and functions with the Dynamics 365 platform
- Several different business apps with Microsoft App library
- Dynamics 365 is a part of the Office 365 platform
- Microsoft 24/7 support
What does it take to go cloud?
I have gathered a list, that you need to consider:
1 . License needs
The first thing we uncover, is your license needs. There may be money to save by switching to a different license agreement. Perhaps you do not use all the elements that your current license agreement includes? Or perhaps you need additional functions?
Moving more functions online with Microsoft may give more advantages. It might be SharePoint or e-mail, which as standard are integrated with CRM in the cloud. By doing so, you get ‘single sign op’ and no maintenance with the internal IT department.
3. New oppertunities
The Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform has many new opportunities and functions that may replace some of your current enhancements, because they are handled in a more current way now. It may be code, that now can be done with e.g. workflows or business rules. It may also be new functions e.g. Voice of the Customer and customer portals.
4. Datamigration with MicroPartner’s Cloud Migration Tool
Currently, Microsoft does not offer data migration from CRM on-premise to CRM online. As a result, MicroPartner has developed ‘MicroPartner’s Cloud Migration Tool, which quickly and cost effectively moves you to the cloud.
Search for blog here
Find topics here
Find more blogs here
- Go cloud – from Dynamics CRM on-premise to CRM online
- Is your CRM project headed towards success or failure?
- The future of work
- Trends in digital transformation
- CRM must live in daily life
- CRM should challenge your business model
- The entire sales chain needs to be razor-sharp
- CRM is like an iceberg
- Know-how is what we bring to the table
Move your CRM to the cloud
We work with a standardized process where we review different phases in collaboration with you, ensuring that we get from ‘analysis’ to ‘go live’ in the most appropriate and cost-effective way.
Our process ensures that we uncover all aspects of your current solution before the final migration to the cloud.
How long will it take?
As our process is standardized, you will be in the cloud in 6 weeks.
Fill out the form and read about our process and the road to the cloud.